Licensing - OFB and GSP
The OFB/GSP bundle and the GSP program package and associated files are shareware in the present version. The copyrights and license agreements as described in the OFB manual apply to both. As shareware, this is fully functional even without a valid license key except for the following exceptions:
- OFB Program
This terminates the output for OFB 1 ... 3 and 9 after 50, for OFB 4 ... 8 after 20 output files. An exception is the person selection. This is only available with a valid license key.
- GSP Programs
For demo purposes, only 10 program starts per program can be performed in full functionality. After that no program start is possible. Exceptions are the "Gedcom Validation" and "Gedcom Duplicates / ...". Here only the first 20 errors of each group will be listed, for the comparison of duplicate persons only the first 5 pairs of persons will be listed for demonstration purpose and the storage of "No Duplicates" is not activated.
Process to get a license
The license fee for each user is:
- Send an email - addresses see menu item "Imprint" - to me with the information, which name for the license ownership you would like to get. This must be in the form "FirstName LastName, Location" and at least 10 chars long. Of course, middle initials, middle names and/or titles etc. may be included. Please note, that these information later will show up at the main window and at the end of each output file as "Name of the author".
Information on data protection: With this order you accept that I save this data and your email address on my PC. At the same time I will add you to the distribution list for new product versions. This can be revoked at any time by email.
Please also inform me about your genealogy program for storing and managing your data and the operating system of your PC.
This allows me a faster and better support in case of questions.
- I will inform you about my Bank account resp "PayPal" account for the money transfer.
- After receiving the license fees I will send to you by email a personal license file, storing the information about "License owner" und "License key". The name of the license file will be "obf-YourName.lic", resp. "gsp-YourName.lic", where "YourName" will be created from parts of your name. This file will be packed to a zip-file.
- Store this file on your hard disk in a save folder. Extract your personal license file from the zip-file.
- 60 EUR resp. 70 USD - for the OFB/GSP bundle consisting of the "OFB Program", the "OFB Service Programs" and the "Gedcom Service Programs". In addition the "GSP Specials" and "Utilities" will be activated.
- 30 EUR resp. 35 USD - for the package of the "Gedcom Service Programs". In addition the "GSP Specials" and "Utilities" will be activated.
Activation of the license
To activate the license on your PC, proceed as follows:
- Call from the OFB Start Center resp. the GSP Start Center the license management by pressing the "License" key. Now the standard file load screen will show up. Load the personal license file from the save folder. This will transfer the information about license owner and license key to a central license file "ofb.lic" resp. "gsp.lic". An appropriate message will inform you about the results.
In case of error messages you may just run a copy of the personal license file, rename the file to "ofb.lic" resp. "gsp.lic", but only if this is the only license on the PC. Now move this file to the Data folder (see "Info" at the Start Center).
With the entry in the "ofb.lic" the programs of the OFB/GSP bundle, with "gsp.lic" the programs of the GSP package, are activated for unlimited output for you as licensee.
- OFB/GSP Bundle: License keys starting with code "o", "b1" or "b2" (Display by clicking on "Info" in the Start Center, then after "LicKey="), will no longer be accepted by OFB Version 8.1.0 and later.
- GSP Package: License keys starting with code "g2" (Display by clicking on "Info" in the Start Center, then after "LicKey="), will no longer be accepted by GSP Version 4.1.0 and later.
© 2005-2023, Diedrich Hesmer, Herrenberg (DE) - last update